top of page
Donate to the DEW Museum Collection
The Archives and Collection of UCHS includes over ten thousand artifacts related to Union
County history. Many of these items were donated by generous supporters and others were
acquired by the Archives and Collections Committee. Do you have artifacts that we may wish to
add to our collection? Please review the following guidelines:
General Guidelines for Donations to the Collection
• UCHS is happy to receive donations of items to add to the collection.
• Only items related to Union County history will be accepted. Priority is given to items made
or crafted in Union County.
• Evidence of accurate provenance for each item must be provided.
• Items related to areas of Union County that were part of Northumberland County prior to
1813 will be considered.
• Items related to Union and Snyder Counties between 1813 and 1855, when Snyder County
was part of Union County will be considered.
• Items related to Union County after 1855 will be considered.
• We usually do not accept clothing or military uniforms.
• We do not accept family Bibles, but we are willing to copy any family information contained
within the books.
• Items that display evidence of mold, insect infestation, water damage, or otherwise damaged
will not be accepted.
Digital Photo Accession Policy
• UCHS may accept individual digital photographs if they fit within our criteria.
• Items submitted for consideration should include the following information:
- Date of the photograph
- Name of the photographer
- Location of photograph
- Identities of individuals in the photograph
- Any software modification or manipulation of the photograph
Digital Photo Collections
• UCHS may also accept an entire collection of photographs.
• Photographic collections submitted for consideration should include the information
outlined above and the following additional information:
- How were the photographs collected?
- The donor’s contact information
- Data on the camera settings used for specific photos
• When transferring digital photos and photo collections to UCHS, donors must complete all
document agreements regarding rights of use.
• The Archives and Collections Committee may waive any of the above requirements when
the information is unavailable and the historic value of the photos warrant inclusion.
bottom of page